Friday, May 01, 2009

BPM

I heard this story on National Public Radio about a bird that dances to the actual beat of a song by the Backstreet Boys. If they speed it up, he speeds up his routine, and if they slow it down...he hears the tempo and slows down his routine. It made me wonder, if a plain and simple bird, a Cockatoo can keep the beat to a song, why can't all humans?

As a drummer I often watch how the music I'm playing moves people. I would say, as a general statement, that the majority of mid-western men can't keep a beat. I would also say that most women can instantly recoginize when they should clap or at what speed they should dance/or bob their head. Which makes me wonder why more girls don't play the drums...Kolby will be forced to play the drums...because if you remember from a post back in 2007 Maxim wants to play the flute.

I worry about Brecken playing the drums...I have a feeling it would end up being a rerun of Animal from the Muppet Show...anyway here is the video.

No comments: