Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sick from bad baseball, and also a Birthday wish.

I purposely didn't blog about the great regular season the Chicago Cubs had this year because I didn't want to jinx the run for our first World Series title in 100 years. Well, the run is over. In typical Cubs fashion they self-destructed with horrible offensive production and errors all over the field. We were eliminated in the first round without winning a game.

I was physically sick on Saturday night watching they waste away the season with their unpassionate performance...but as a loyal Cubs fan, I am used to saying this..."Next year is our year!"

Now that my sports-rant is over, I must wish my favorite sister a happy 39th birthday. Sal is the reason I love figure skating, the reason I can duck out of the way of flying object while I play the drums, the reason I don't put mayo on my cucumbers or coldmeat sandwiches. She taught me the glory of french onion chip dip, Little House on the Prairie, and the Brady Bunch.

She was a super babysitter for many years, and a super friend...just wish we would get to see each other a bit more.

Happy Birthday, Sal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom, thanks for the birthday wish. I loved the way you made french onion chip dip and the brady bunch sound good!! Makes me wish there were more brady reruns on these days!! I could go for a little 'Marsha, marsha, marsha!!'
By the way, you are pretty cool to hang around with, (then and now)!! Love ya, Sal