Thursday, April 17, 2008

Using GPS on commercial airplanes.

So I picked up a Garmin NuVi a few weeks ago for all my travels, and so Steph never has to open a map again to help me find my way around a city...and I love it.

On the way to Montana on Tuesday I was playing with it on the airplane and it picks up the satellites and starts calculating how long it would take to get to Denver in a straight line!

I wasn't sure if it is approved electronics on a commercial airline, so I felt like an 8th grader...later to find out it is ok with most non-signal emmitting units.

So now instead of wondering how much longer I have on flights I can boot up my GPS and I will know right away. The other cool thing is that the Garmin also measures traveling, average, maximum speed and altitude. My max speed was 114mph, but now my max speed is locked in at 454 mph! (Don't ask how I got the max speed to 114mph in the first place!)

I think I will turn it on again tonight on the company jet...that thing goes like 500 something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to bad you can't figure that out on your own. who tells you what to do at work? and were to go and how fast to get there???????????????

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.