Sunday, April 20, 2008

Skipper & Verlie should be proud.

This weekend was my wife's favorite kind of weekend...I was home with nothing on my schedule, and she has a list a mile long of things for me to do.

She was a taskmaster, and didn't stop handing our chores or doing her list of things to accomplish until the sun set. I think I mentioned before that we have been watching that show Ax Men on the History Channel, and it must have rubbed off on her, because she demolished all the undergrowth on our hill. Between her clear cutting, and my leftover logs from the evergreen we cut down, we had a huge pile of lumber on the trailer.

The boys got 4 baths in 3 days this weekend, so you know they were happy. Maxim even parted ways with his training wheels on his bike this weekend. He's got scrapes on his feet and knees to prove it.

Just so Skipper and Verlie know I earned my keep around here this weekend, and had time to clean up the boat...only to climb on a plane Monday morning headed West.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

about time you earned your keep. i think steph should hire a handy man so things can get done around the place

Anonymous said...

sounds like she did all the work. what does she need you around for?????????????????????

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tommy boy!! I knew you could do it if you just would!! Maybe Skipper and I can get together and come out and help you for about 3 or 4 hours and get all the rest done. Then you could have ALL summer to just play and have fun.