Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick & Survey Results

Hey, it's March 17th...whoop-te-O'doooo.
Some of you remember my Halloween posting where I poked some gentle fun at adults who dress up in costumes to go to work. I still think that is stupid...and generally I don't get the hype around St. Patrick's day either...although I am much more tolerant of green wearing folks if Irish-descent.

I must work around too many women...as there is little Leprechauns wishing me a happy spring in plants around the office, green M&M's in candy dishes and today I might be the only one in my wing of the building that isn't wearing some sort of green.

I guess I have been this way since high school...I'm not Irish, I'm not Catholic and the closest thing we have to a Leprechaun in our family is my Uncle Skipper.

So forgive me if I choose to not pretend I'm Irish today. I do hope the Cubs win while wearing green uniforms, and also I hope the Chicago river looks nice...dyed green...enjoy it Aaron and Sheila!
Survey Results:
-62% of you found this website by word of mouth...12.5% because I begged you to come here
37.5% of you visit the website for reasons other than listed in the multiple choice...an amazing 25% come here because of my writing ability and my good looks.
-Only 18% are from the Huron city limits...2 folks do come from Hoth and 1 from Endor.
-Most people considered us friends or relatives...about 54%...only 6.3% thought we were insane.
-Most of you dedicated readers have been reading the site for a year.
-94.3% of you thought the solid rock anchor of the family was someone else besides me.
-An equal number of majority would like to see more long form essays and pictures of Steph
The most loved team from all readers is the Vikings bringing in 28.6% of the votes.
-And J. McCain would win the election, but just narrowly over SMELO-Land weather anchor Jay Trobec...he actually only won by 2 votes...I think if Volesky would be the VP on Trobec's ticket he would win...hands down.
Thanks for playing.

No comments: