Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Weasel.

Cassidy this post is for you.

About 8 or 9 years ago my oldest niece Cassidy lived in Alaska...one Easter they came home to the lower 48. She must have been expecting bunnies, chocolate, and eggs, but for some reason I messed with her and told her I had never heard of the Easter Bunny, but we did have an Easter Weasel.

The folklore goes like this....the Easter Weasel runs around stealing eggs from chickens and colors them then hides them all over, and it is the kid's duty to find them, and the chickens are totally cool with the kids keeping them.
So started a tradition...the tradition of the Easter Weasel.

E-Weasel also likes to eat the ears off of any chocolate bunny given to children of the family on Easter. Grandpa Bob started that one long before Cassidy was born.

So this post is dedicated to the Easter Weasel, or Easter Ferret in some parts of the world...I couldn't believe it when I found 2 pictures of the Easter Weasel on the Internet.

Happy Easter...and by the way this weekend is not a celebration of Spring or about the bunny or the weasel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom, I love it!! Cassidy always laughs and gets giddy with delight when we talk about the Easter Weasel!! Thanks for being such a cool Uncle!! You're the best!
Sal

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom, I love it!! Cassidy always laughs and gets giddy with delight when we talk about the Easter Weasel!! Thanks for being such a cool Uncle!! You're the best!
Sal

Unknown said...

I loved your blog! I found it when I googled "Easter Weasel". We have had an "EW" for 30 years in our family. A cellophane wrapped basket ignited when it got too close to a candle. We KNEW it was more than a simple accident- obviously the work of the evil Easter Weasel. We are very careful on dark, cold, rainy Easters like that first one. No candles are left burning when the baskets come out after dinner. We are introducing him to a second generation now! Thanks!