Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A broom is drearily sweeping
Up the broken pieces of yesterdays life
Somewhere a queen is weeping
Somewhere a king has no wife
And the wind, it cries...Mary
-Jimi Hendrix, The Wind Cries Mary

So yesterday it was around 50 degrees as Maxim and I walked into the hockey rink for practice...we joked with some others that Spring was coming early. When we left, completely under dressed for what was beyond the doors, the wind slapped me on the face and we ran for the car.

This morning with the wind chill factor...it's close to 35 below...that's an 85 degree swing! I think I can truly say, I don't mind humidity, extreme heat, snow, below zero temps or spring days when it is 73...but I hate the wind. I have never liked the wind. In the summer it makes my lake choppy, my golf ball fly in directions I don't want it to go, in the winter it makes the cold...colder. I can't think of one good thing the wind does for me.

With the exception of wind generated power, I have no use for wind. Even windmills work better with a slower wind speed. So I am pushing for a law to keep the wind speed limits to under 13 mph.

The coolest thing today was that the DJ of the station I was listening to played an old Jimi Hendrix song that I hadn't listened to in a while, and it completely made sense that he played it today...THE WIND, IT CRIES...MARY...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you don't like the wind how come you blow so much?????

Glanzer77 said...

At least I blow and sign my name to it, anonymous, or should I say "anon-a-misses".

If you don't like my "wind" I see that the National Figure Skating Assn. has a blog, go check that out.

Anonymous said...

at least i got a reply from you old boy. your uncle

Glanzer77 said...

I knew I could call you out! You have to remember Uncle...I learned from the best...YOU!

Anonymous said...

I am the person you were talking about that shot himself in the leg. The day was about 42 years ago when I shot myself in the leg while practicing my quick draw. As I was drawing my .22 Colt Single Action revolver my thumb slipped off the cocking hammer and the gun went off while in my holster. Needless to say the bullet went through the calf of leg and luckily it didn't hit any bones. It healed very well...I guess I am lucky I wasn't shooting a .45 caliber bullet...I went to the doctor and he told me to get ride of that gun but I still have it to this very day..have a great day...Quick draw Phil