Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Steph...

My coffee guzzling wife is celebrating her birthday today.

For the longest time...well, up until 2 years ago, I couldn't remember when my wife's birthday was...January 30th or the 31st. So I would either sneak a peak at her driver's license or just give her a present on the 29th...to cover the next couple days.

It's funny how if you get something in your head once, and it's wrong...how hard it is to change it. I have since programmed my wife's actual birth date into my BlackBerry so I don't forget or miss it.

Grandma is going to handle the boys tonight...believe me that's about all you can do is HANDLE...So tonight we will celebrate her big day at some exotic restaurant in The Fair City. I was thinking Phoebe's, but someone told me it closed a few years ago, so I'll let her decide.

I must say I got her a pretty rad gift, tickets to Phoenix in March...I have some work conferences and I have never taken her when I do stuff like this so I am parlaying her birthday and our anniversary into one big gift. We are staying at 2 different high end resorts, and she can't wait to sit by the pool in the desert. We will also take in a Cubs spring training game and a Phoenix Coyotes game...and yes, she is excited about going to watch the Cubs and the Coyotes. I'm sure she'll shop for a few hours as well.

That being said, Happy Birthday, Steph...January 30th, I finally got the right day.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

big spender taking her on a company paid trip. probably smiling the whole time.