Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm Venting...

So did you know that not all vents kick out hot air when your furnace is on???...oh yeah, the cold air return.

Last night, 9-28-06, I was engaged in the mad science of running the air duct. My layout had our new kitchen sporting 4 vents for the delivery of heat. I spliced into some existing duct and got it hooked up and had to try it out. The furnace kicked in, and nothing...in fact, it felt like cold air.

The conversation that followed went something like this...

TOM: Why won't this stupid thing kick me some heat? I turned it to like 90!
STEPH: Did you take out the insulation that you packed in there so the dirt wouldn't fall in?
TOM: (sarcastically) AHHH, no I thought if I left it in it would keep the warm air warmer.
STEPH: Don't mock me.
TOM: COME ON YOU PIECE OF CRAP BLOW ME SOME HOT AIR!
STEPH: May be that is the cold air return, you know I saw on HGTV that each room needs a cold air return. See it is sucking cold air in to the furnace.
TOM: Why do you have to be so much smarter than me in everything?
STEPH: I'm a woman.

So after a couple more Stephanie "brainiac" moves, the venting is run, and the floor will be laid tonight. Steph has the floor in the living room ready to sand, and things are going nicely.


The boys are still alive, I think, actually I have the pictures to prove it.

Maxim and Grandma made "pupcakes" the other night, and Brecken is lovin' the water...good thing we live on the biggest body of water in Beadle County. That will save so much on water having the lake right there...Saturday night baths in the lake! Speaking of which we tested out the hot tub last night...sorry no pictures of that.

No comments: