Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Relationship With Snow Has Not Changed......Reposting!

This is reposted from Living On Liquid circa...Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Snow...

Dear Snow,

It seems you and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship.

I love you when you are new and you make everything look clean.

I love you when you fall straight down.

I love you when you are powdery.

I love ALOT of you under my snowboard or skis.

I love sliding through, over and under you on my snowmobile.

I love the way you make the night more bright.

I love the way you make my kids laugh.

I love the crunchy sound you make under a pair of boots.

I love the way my dogs jump through you.

I love the way Grandpa's horses look when they run through you.

I love the way you give my kids a reason to go outside in the cold.

I love how you go hand in hand with Christmas.

Now the part where I give you some constructive criticism...

I hate you when you fall sideways...I know it is more of the wind's fault...but it takes two to "tango/blizzard".

I hate you when you fall on the seat of my car even after I have brushed you off my door jambs.

I hate you when you find the holes where my gloves and coat don't exactly seal up.

I hate you when you get all packed up after the plow goes by my house.

I hate you when you are slushy and hard to run through my snow blower.

I hate you when you leave behind that muddy mess sometimes known as late-March.

I hate you in April.

AND...I hate you in November for that matter...December 1...you are welcome anytime, but before that and I cuss you.

I hate you when you can't decide who you want to be, ice or flake...pick one, I prefer you flaky.

Last but not least...I hate you when you come over too often, like the last few days, when I put more miles on my snow blower than my snowmobile. I think your work/play ratio should be 80% play 20% work...lately it has been the opposite.

Take these statements with love, and know that I really like your season of the year, just in moderation.

Love,

Tom

No comments: