Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Less Of A Limp.

For the last 4 months, anytime I have walked it was in severe pain, the worst pain was the first 100 meters or so after sitting for a long time or first thing in the morning.  I had a very noticeable limp, but every now and then something would pop in my knee and it felt "normal" for a bit.  Then sooner or later it would be back to the pain I grew to live with.

Today is my first day, post surgery, that I left the house without crutches and almost my 2nd day without any pain medication...so almost 5 full days after surgery and I feel better than I did for the last 5 months.

I will never again take for granted the ability to run, walk, kneel, etc.  I almost made it 40 years without needing knee, ankle or hip surgery so I am pretty satisfied with where my body is halfway through my life.  Now to get back in men's league hockey shape...that might take a bit more than 5 days.

No comments: