Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Good of EVEL.

Growing up my friends and I didn't have the XGames stars, in fact, my generation invented the action sports athlete...but we were around to witness the pioneer of Action Sports.  Evel Knievel was the Original Gangster of jumping motorcycles, and crashing them for that matter.  I kind of remember watching him on TV jump over different things, but if you were a daredevil kid you wanted to be Evel.

Evel grew up in the Rocky Mountain town of Butte, MT, and for the last 11 years the city has celebrated the legacy of Evel with a 3 day party in Uptown Butte.

I was in town for the festivities and snapped a few photos of the FMX show with my iPhone.  Evel would be proud of the new generation of daredevils...they took what he started to another level.




No comments: