Thursday, January 26, 2012

Go Away Daddy.

I knew the whole "too cool for dad" thing would happed sooner or later with my kids, but I expected it to be Maxim trying to ditch me for buddies in about 5 years...it seems that now Kolby is too cool for dad.

The other day she had a play day with Grandma Penny and I kind of crashed it mid-day.  They were playing a game on the floor and Kolby looked up at me and said, "Daddy, go away!  Just leave."

I said, "Where do you want me to go?"

"You get in your car and drive away!" she replied.

So I did, and then did again on Tuesday night to drive to Sioux Falls for work, and before I left she said, "you are getting in your car and driving away?"  I said "yes", and she got excited and said, "well, goodbye then give me a kiss."

My only saving grace after that much "push back" was that she was happy to see me when I got home the next day.

I guess I must be getting in my car and driving away too much?????  She thinks thats what daddy does.

I think Saturday there is gonna be a lot of daddy and Koko time.

No comments: