Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ninjas.

There was a day when my cousins and I spent a lot of money buying "ninja-type" throwing stars out of martial arts magazines, and making nunchucks out of broken hockey sticks and old dog chains.

We would train to be ninjas, pretending to be able to jump amazing distances, and wield swords like the guys we saw in the movies.  Ninjas rocked back in 1980-something, and they still do today.

Steph bought the boys the 1984 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and now our boys love to play ninja-time.  With Halloween costumes in the aisles of stores our kids end up getting a couple for the year.  Heck, we really don't even go trick-or-treating, they buy the suits to play dress up all year long.

This year they both got ninja suits, and it was a big "secret".  On Monday night, we got home from hockey and Maxim and Brecken wanted to quickly get in the house, I knew why.  So I wasted some time in the garage and then went inside the NINJA'S LAIR. 

The boys had Steph tied up in Kolby's room, and when I got in and turned on the lights they proceeded to beat me with plastic swords.  Brecken needs to learn to let up a bit when he is going to make contact with me.  He smacked me in the arm and IT HURT.  So I went down and they proceeded to jump on me and punch me until I said I was sorry and gave up.

So if you come to our house and the lights are off, enter with the knowledge that you are going to take a plastic sword to the arm.  AND YES...NINJA'S WEAR WHITE SOCKS.

No comments: