Friday, March 05, 2010

4 Day Recovery

We went out snowmobiling with our friends last weekend; and today...Friday...is the first day I have felt "not super sore". My buddy is a great rider, and I learned a lot by just following him around in the deep powder.

I can't begin to tell you how much of a workout back country riding is...and we put on a lot of trail miles too. I didn't feel the need to lift a weight this week. I did run 2 times but that was to make sure that I still had some cardio ability for the weekend as I am reffing the State JV hockey tourney this weekend, the State Varsity hockey tourney next weekend and the President's Cup regional tourney the following weekend.

I guess when you need a 4 day recovery from riding a machine that goes through snow you are either getting old or you rode really hard and worked your body to it's limits. OR BOTH.

No comments: