Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kolby Cries For Her Daddy!

Steph has left me alone with Kolby 3 times now since she was whelped a couple months ago. Don't get me wrong this little girl is an ANGEL most of the time, except when it is time for daddy to be the sole-caregiver for her and her brothers.

Last night I got home from Pierre at 6:30, and Steph left for town soon after to pick up Maxim.

That left the ever-energetic Brecken and the soft and cuddly Kolby in the care of their extremely road-weary daddy.

Brecken proceeded to scream the words "Pizza Monster" like a madman while eating some pizza, and Kolby woke up soon after that hungry. I fed her and changed her and did everything you are supposed to do, but she started crying, and kept crying for almost 3 hours...until about 5 minutes before Steph got home.

She did this exact same thing a couple weeks ago...cried the whole time Steph was gone, and then quit about 10 minutes before she got home.

A friend of ours told me she cries for me, because I don't smell like Stephanie, and that I should wear or hold a shirt of Steph's while she is gone and I am trying to comfort her. I would be afraid to answer the phone if I was wearing my wife's shirt let alone if someone would happen to come to the door.

I'll deal with the crying...it can't last forever?

No comments: