Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Leaving California

I left for home this morning, had a great time at the conference and grabbed a few new ideas, also had a great time outside of the conference with some new friends.

I was invited to supper with some folks from Laguna Beach last night and I thought it was a great opportunity to take in the local scene of Laguna Beach...was it ever.

I was in a gated neighborhood where Kobe Bryant owns a home...an extra home. $22m buys you quite a view in Cali.

It's a nice eyeopener for me to see how good the simpler, quieter, slower life is in S.D.

Can't wait to wrestle the boys and hold my girls tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Skipper, do you suppose the poor boy had to fly commercial and waste precious hours waiting for connections and being searched continually, or was he wisked home on a Company Jet saving precious hours and then report right to work when he came home, only to say, "well, I have been gone for a few days and haven't seen the fammily for a while, guess I will just call it a day and go home?

Anonymous said...

i don't know verlie but stef should get a medal. he.s been gone 2times since the baby. i time in the hills playing in the snow and now 4 days in california. 80 degrees stef's home in the cold. we're just going to have to set him down and talk to him.

Glanzer77 said...

You guys think I have it made? How 'bout you two with your super successful wifes, you guys hardly had to work, ever! Retired and semi-retired little trust-fund husbands is what you are. Verlie, you have been retired longer than I have been alive!
Some day I want to be as pampered as you two!

Anonymous said...

way to tell them Tom!!!!