Monday, March 23, 2009

Gaslight Anthem

Many of you know that I love music, and lately I've really been into a band called The Gaslight Anthem. I caught them in concert on a whim during my travels last summer, and have since downloaded (legally) their latest album called "The '59 Sound".

It's funny how my music taste changes with the seasons...I listen to a little bit of country during pheasant season, a lot of rock and punk during the hockey season, Jack Johnson, Sublime and Bob Marley during the summer and in the spring, just about anything that has an upbeat feel to it...this spring it is the Gaslight Anthem. I have declared this will by my spring kick off album.

You know when a band plays a live song on Letterman they have made it, but when they do it this well you know they are a good band.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They MIGHT have been one to make the Chevy Citation play rotation.

Brent

Glanzer77 said...

By the way have you heard Aldo Nova is kind of making a come back? Their song Fantasy is the opening song for Rob Drydek's Fantasy Factory show?

Anonymous said...

HUH !!!! What in the world are you two talking about. I do not remember Johnny Cash or Charlie Pride singing any of those songs!!!!