Monday, January 12, 2009

My Snow Removal Budget Is Tapped.

The City of Huron tapped it's 2008 snow removal budget with about a month and a half left in 2008, and it was kind of the joke around town that the budget consisted of 4 tanks of gas, 4 dozen donuts and 14 cups of coffee.

This year isn't epic as far as snowfall, but I am getting sick of getting the driveways clean and then the next morning there is 2" of fluffy...I move that only to have it blow back in the next day when the 40 mph winds kick in.

In the past I think I have filled my snow blower 2 or 3 times a year...this year I am on my 5th tank of gas, and from the looks of things I'll go through another tank tonight!

Wonder if I have to change the oil after 3,000 miles on my snow blower?

Click here for a link to what it looks like outside today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor boy i feel so sorry for you. i bought a snow blower just for old times sake. haven't had it out of the shed yet. hey verlie can you help him out? i would if i was there

Anonymous said...

Yuh Skipper Ole Boy, I can help the young lad a little bit. I can give him a "GRANT" for a couple of tanks of gas if you will kick in a couple too. I think he will need at least 4 more tanks before the Winter is over. We sure got spoiled the last 3 or 4 Winters.

Verlie