Thursday, November 13, 2008

This guy named Dirk is my friend...

So this dude, Dirk and his family of 33 kids and his long-suffering wife Julie, moved to Huron about 4 months ago so that he could be the Souled Out Center youth pastor. Dirk and I hit it off pretty quick because he knew one of my best friends D. Decker from Sioux Falls. (By the way, the picture off to the right is Dirk...at least I think it is...or it is a much younger, better groomed and less grey brother of Dirk, or it is Dirk and it was taken a year ago.)
In all honesty, I use Dirk to replace the lost time with Decker, because I miss all the fun he and T-Rav and I had. Don't tell Dirk, but he is kind of a poor-man's D. Decker and he's good for a few laughs every now and then and a couple of text messages.
Dirk got a new computer so he can stay hooked up with all the kiddies and young adults that he ministers to, and it came equipped with a built in web cam and he has been sending these crazy videos to me and of course I post them to my youtube web channel, just to torture him and let other know how funny Dirk thinks he is.
This one I attained kind of on the down-low...it was sent to his wife while he was working in his home office, he has like 3 different accents and then gets spastic about coming upstairs to eat tacos for lunch...I was told to post it and then the person slipped me a $50.

In all reality Dirk is one of the most solid guys I know, he's a great pastor, and a great friend, but this is what guys do to each other to show their love, they bust each others chops, punch each other in the shoulder and post their stupid videos on-line. (He also listens to pretty girly music)


No comments: