Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My son is my conscience.

The other day Steph and the boys were driving behind me in another car as we all drove home...I was in the lead and as I was coming up to a stop light it turned yellow...for the record I was traveling at 30mph and the nose of my car was in the intersection when it turned yellow.

Steph and the boys stopped at the light and Maxim noticed that I had gone through the light, so he makes Steph call me and to tell me that I was sinning by going through the stoplight...he learned about going through stoplights from his mom, by the way.

We had a good laugh about it, but now he thinks it is his duty to call me out every time I break a traffic law. Yellow lights are a no-no, don't complain about old people driving slow, and don't speed...we were driving into town and I passed someone...I had to speed up to do it, and, yes, I did go over the posted 65mph, but just for a second to ensure that our family safely passed the idiot going 60. Maxim said, "Daddy is sinning again!"

I'm going to start playing a movie every time I get in a car with him so he isn't paying attention to my driving habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I am going to have to a agree with your son on this one. Your drivers manual, which I doubt you have looked at let alone read, for quite some time, will tell you that you pass "ONLY" if you can do it within the posted speed. And yes, a "little white" speeding is just as bad as a "little white" lie, both are breaking the law. God says that you are to OBEY BOTH mans law and Gods laws.

Skipper, help me out on this one!!

Verlie

About the idot driving only 60 MPH, what you also do not seem to understand that the posted limit is a MAXIMUM not a MINIMUM!! You youngsters, including my two boys think like you and your are all three WRONG!