Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sleeping In.

I've been working 12 hour days for about 8 days now...so I slept in today.

It was great.

I got up at 7:30 a.m. and didn't even feel guilty. I would have slept longer but Brecken came into our room around 6:00 a.m. and decided to sleep upside down in bed. When he does this you know you are going to get kicked in the face at some point.

I remember in college we used to sleep until 10:30 a.m. or some days just turn the TV on and stay in bed until we needed to eat.

Kids make life fun, but they wreck mornings sometimes with their energy...I left the house today and the boys were chasing each other with a shoe, a toy gun, a blanket and a can of WD-40...who knew that those 4 items could be such entertainment at 10 minutes to 8? Steph was still in bed...LUCKY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor baby had to work for once in a long time. probably just stood around and shot the bull

Anonymous said...

Yah, being at the Fair at the Northwestern booth, 12 hours a day, has to be right up there with the "toughest thing to do", then run around to the food stands and eat, eat, eat. Wish Skip and I could get a job like that.