Monday, September 22, 2008

Dock Party.

This weekend was one of those bitter-sweet weekends as our usual group of "younger" guys went around the lake pulling docks and boat lifts out for the winter.

Our crew and another group started at noon on one corner of the lake and about 15 residents later had completed our loop. There is still one or 2 left to do, but nothing big. It kind of amazes me how efficient we have become in our labor...every house is different, each place has different equipment and a different shoreline or it needs to be floated out. It took us 6.5 hours to do all of them, but the work goes quickly.

I guess with the exception of a couple of wakeboard sessions that I am bound to sneak in over the next few weeks that is the official end of another summer. Way to short this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"as our usual group of "younger" guys went around the lake pulling docks and boat lifts out for the winter." (Quote)

Yuh Skipper, I think you and I are getting too old to do much more of this, my muscles ache today and I am sure yours do too, or is this all in my head.

Way to go guys, you done did good.