Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I was wrong on my facts...

I know...details are important when you are writing a story. So I have to admit that I inadvertently lengthened the bike ride distances traveled from last week, as was correctly brought to my attention.

A year or so ago I used the Subaru trip-ometer to figure out the distance between the office and home. It came up at 18 miles, the problem was that I zeroed it out at the gas station D&S Mini-mart. Which is about a half a mile from my office.


So to keep things legit on my website, I did not complete an 18 mile ride 2 different times last week...they were only mere 17.59 mile rides. I did not want to lead anyone astray. (Of course I post this with the utmost humor, funny story telling, and good intentions for the 3 people involved in this story, you know whom you all are!)


To attain my goal of riding my bike 18 miles to work I will, from now on, continue south on Dakota Ave. to the Donut Shoppe, grab 2 cream filled chocolate long johns and a Mountain Dew, then return to the office, making it a true 18 mile ride. But then again the trips to the Donut Shoppe is the reason I need to ride my bike in the first place.


Here is the map for documentation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you have not figured in the "wind factor". Most days the past three months you either have a 40 mile an hour wind pushing you to work or following you home. That can basically equate to riding a scooter, which except for lower body fatique, has nothing to do with conditioning and weight loss!!! I still like the tred mill...I can throw my jeans over the handles and they can shrink a whole size in one week!!! DAD

Anonymous said...

OK Hillary, so you streached the truth "a little" or forgot some of the details, so what, you are still exercising and that is all that matters!! Much more than a lot of others do.

VJ