Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Family Boating.

Last night, after our assigned work was done, Steph was eager to get the boat in the water...of course, it didn't take me too long to agree.

Perfect water, perfect night. Maxim was excited to make big waves and chase birds, and for Brecken this was basically a first time experience.

He has been in the boat since he was 2 months old, but I don't think he really remembered it, because last night all he could say when we would slow down or stop was, "more, more, more boooot."

Some neighbors on the South side were doing yard work so we stopped to say "hi" and steal some freeze pops. They had a fishing line in the water, so the boys were messing with their minnows.

The best part of last night is when Steph took one for the team. You see, the dock at the boat launch is not in the water yet, so you don't really have anywhere to jump off to go get the trailer without getting wet.

Lucky for me Steph is real handy at backing the boat trailer down and didn't really want to drive the boat onto the trailer. So we floated up to the boat ramp and she jumped into about thigh-high water...pushed us back out and got the trailer. We loaded up and she pulled us out...I did the whole night without getting a drop of water on me above my ankles. She was soaked, freezing and telling me how much of a Prima Donna I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I am going to have to agree with Steph, that it looks like you are a "weenie"!!

About the assigned jobs, who is in charge out there, you or the kids?

Anonymous said...

how come you people always pick on verlie and skip? their the only ones interested in the old boy