Thursday, April 10, 2008

Picture a day.

I have long been a big fan of photography. In college I even dabbled with the thought of still photography as a career.

Jim Brandenburg has been one of my favorite nature photographers ever since I learned who he was. When I was working in TV I was lucky enough to be one of the first journalists to go through his exhibit hall in Luverne, MN. I think his quote to me...something to the effect, "if you can make the Prairie look beautiful in a picture, you can make anything look beautiful." was a challenge to my creative side to try to look around my everyday situation for those beautiful moments.

Brandenburg did this experiment in photography before the boom of digital photography where he took one picture a day for 90 days in the summer in Northern Minnesota. You can view the pictures here.

I have always thought that would be a cool challenge, but I don't have a whole summer to devote to taking 1 shot a day, so I will post a picture a day to my blog. Some will be good, some average, some will be pictures I have taken in the past, some will be as recent as yesterday. Hope you enjoy.

I will post them as I have time, so you might get a couple days in one shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With frank Klock as a photo prof many of us considered a career in photography!