Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BOOM DEE ODDDDDAAAAA!

Our family loves the Discovery Channel...last Saturday with all the snow on the ground, we watched a few of our favorite shows...Man vs. Wild, Planet Earth, and a little bit of Dirty Jobs.
We noticed that Discovery rolled out a new commercial set to the "Boom De Odda" song, and pretty soon we were singing along, then making up our own words.
Maxim loves the part where the native tribal man comes up to the camera and yells, "BOOM DEE ODDDDDAAAA!" Sunday in church Maxim went up to on of the older people and yelled that. The older non-Discovery-watching gentleman said, "He sounds like a native!" I thought, "Well, that's what he was going for!"
Here are the lyrics and the spot:
I love the mountains,I love the clear blue skies,
I love big bridges,I love when great whites fly
I love the whole world,And all its sights and sounds,
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda,
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda
I love the oceans,I love real dirty things,
I love to go fast,I love Egyptian kings,
I love the whole world,And all its craziness.
Boom dee odda,...
I love tornadoes,I love arachnids,
I love hot magma,I love the giant squids,
I love the whole world,It's such a brilliant place,
Boom dee odda, boom dee odda, ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ad and fun to watch.

It reminds me of Psalm 19v1-2,"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge."

The ending should say "God is just Awesome!"

Brent

Glanzer77 said...

and after that a few more Boom Dee Odda's...Thanks Brent, great verse.

Anonymous said...

Here is my verse to add to the song.
I love the prairies
I love the open spaces
I love the wind on a hot day blowing in our faces
Boom da oda
I love a picnic lunch
on the deck or in the park and
I love my grandkids a whole bunch.
Grandma Penny
Boom da oda