Friday, February 22, 2008

Montana again.

I was in MT all week, and what a crazy one it was in BIG SKY land. Especially in the sky.

On the plane ride from Denver to Bozeman our plane made a crazy hard turn in the middle of what is usually a very straight flight...so I looked out the window and about 2 minutes later saw another plane go screaming past, as close as I have ever seen...I could actually tell it was a Delta plane from the tail markings.

I snowboarded at Bridger on Sunday and the sky was clear and beautiful all day, I rode in a sweatshirt for most of the day.

Then early Tuesday morning...while I was sleeping...a meteor slashed across the Northwest and caught the attention of most people outside at that time in Montana and it ended up crashing in Oregon, you can read about it here or here or watch the CNN report here.




Then on Wednesday night I was in Bozeman for the full lunar eclipse. I was out grabbing some food and I saw these guys looking at the eclipse on the edge of town with a telescope, so I stopped made quick friends with them and looked through their telescope.

It was the best telescope I have ever looked through, not the kind you buy from your buddy for $50 either (T-Meyer), they had that thing so tight on the moon at times you could not see the edges of the moon and they were showing me different areas and locations on the moon. They were from the University and were all in a astronomy students.

I got back long enough to coach hockey practice and pack for tonight's hockey reffing assignments in Mitchell. Steph and the boys are coming with and we are going to have an "I hate winter party" at the new water park at the Comfort Inn...should be interesting to watch B-reck tear the place up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That he will, that he will. Go Brecken!!! Have fun with that I hate winter party!! Miss you guys! Sally