Monday, January 07, 2008

10,000 hits on this site!

Just about 7 months ago we celebrated our 1,000th visitor to the Living On Liquid site. (Almost 100% sure Uncle Skipper tipped the tally to 1,000) Today we celebrate our excess of 10,000 visitors to the site. Ironically the 10,000th hit also came from cox.net in Garden City, KS. I'll let Uncle Skip, Kent or Kim fight out who the 10,000th visitor was, but I put my money on Skip.

When you think about it in the historical presence, size and advertising to readers ratio terms, more people are reading my blog than the Daily Plainsman. Maybe I should hire R-Kasa to write for me.

Last weekend, to celebrate the 10,000th hit to the site I reffed 9 hockey games in Pierre...which translates to 21.5 hours in skates, 27 periods of hockey, 459 minutes of regulation hockey, 4.5 minutes of overtime hockey, I called about 130 penalties, 150 icings, 75 offsides, and told 1 coach to take me off of his Christmas card mailing list.

I once read that one hour of moderate to casual ice skating is like running for an hour at 4.5 MPH because of the total body involvement during skating...I think I got my cardio workout in this weekend...missed the wife and boyz, and a lot of good football on TV though.

1 comment:

twipf said...

Did you know that watching the zamboni has been called one of the most relaxing activities a human can do? Should have done that some too to relax. I don't know about your, but I didn't end up with a single coach that sent me a Christmas card this year. Sounds like you did a pretty good job if you had the folks all up in arms. Good work!