Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Cubs...3 and out.

Sometimes I wish my parents wouldn't have had cable TV when I was a kid...because I would be like most South Dakota kids and like a normal and successful baseball team like the Twins, Red Sox or the Yankees.

You see my love/hate affair with the Cubbies started one summer when I was 10 or so. I was free most afternoons at that age and so were the Cubs games on TV. WGN-TV is to blame for my love of the Cubs. Harey Carey, Steve Stone doing the broadcast...although I don't remember what year Stoney came on, that was one of the best tag teams ever for baseball. Even when Harey was drunk.

I have followed the Cubs all the while, from the Dawson Years, to the Bartman Incident...to this year's run for the World Series, I even plan my afternoon workout around the Cubs schedule so I can watch them while I'm on the treadmill or lifting.

But the Cubs can kill a person, they worked their tail off the 2nd half of the season to make the playoffs, only to go 3 and out to that storied franchise from Arizona.

I guess it is part of being a Cubs fan, you just know that it's not gonna work out...I really thought this was going to be the year of the Cubbies, 2007...it's too bad it didn't work out.

Like any Cubs fan has said, "There is always next year."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah its pretty deflated around here. I'm not sure many people had faith that they would go all the way for fear of being crushed again.

I guess its hard to win a series when your two best hitters go combined 2 for 20 something in three games.

Oh well, its a good start to build on next year when they bring A-Rod after Cuban buys the team!! He wants to be a bleacher bum, I'd get season tickets just to hang with him.

Cuban's interested