Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bloggers United.

I have an idealist friend, who is saving the environment by himself and unknowingly making me feel guilty about it. He is actually the reason I considered starting a blog. So you have him to blame. If you want to check it out Minus Car is the blog spot...here is the story.

Last Wednesday, after hunting with the 3 pastors Dave, Sam and Brian, Dave and I headed to Nutty's North in S.F. to catch one of my favorite bands, mewithoutYou.

I was introduced to mewithoutYou via FuseTV's segement "Not On the Radio" about 2 years ago. The lead singer talked about his involvement in "The Simple Way" a community in Kennsington, PA.

They played a couple videos and I was hooked...I can't really describe their sound, besides poetic, screamo, and heavy. They don't fit into a genera, which pleases me.

The concert was good, a little short, but as Dave pointed out, the band was extremely tight and was worth the $0 I paid for the comp ticket...thanks Dave.

We all enjoyed the show, and Dave snapped a picture of the Bloggers United with the drummer from mewithoutYou...I'm on the right, Minus Car on the left, sweaty, hairy drummer in the middle.

Good times.

1 comment:

mytzpyk said...

I hate to break it to you friend - I know I make you feel guilty. ;)

I wasn't aware mw/ou had Simple Way ties. I like them even more now! Somewhere on the internets my name appears on the same page as Shane Claiborne. Now I share a photo with Richard Mazzota. The circle gets smaller.

And why do I know of mw/ou in the first place? I was checking out your top 10 on LastFM.

It was good to share the band and the experience, mewithyou.