Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Butter Effect.


2 years ago BFY Productions put out a wakeboard film called The Butter Effect. In the world of skiing and wakeboarding "butter" is also known as "glass". When the conditions are perfect...no winds, no crowds...it is some of the most fun you can have on a wakeboard no matter how good or bad you are.


To snow skiers, it's 8 inches of fresh powder, to surfers it's a clean double overhead, to walleye fishermen I'm told it's a nice little chop in the water, to a hockey player it is freshly Zambonied ice...those perfect days and conditions for doing what you love.


Well, yesterday was a typical Monday, too much work to be done in too little time...in fact, while walking through the hallway I actually thought about pulling a fire alarm so I could bail. I actually get that temptation almost every time I see a pull-type fire alarm, but that is another story, and my therapist won't allow me to blog about it yet.


So around 4:50 my wife says, "Hey babe when are you coming home? Just wanted to let you know I looked at the lake and it's butter."


This is where the Butter Effect kicks in...I forget all my worries and stresses of the job, and I find new life on a Monday. I got home in 15 minutes and was on the lake 7 minutes later. After a nice session in some pretty cold water the rest of the day was spent in the yard watching the boys play on the swing set, trampoline and riding bikes...pretty easy to forget about the Monday with a life like this.


It made me think, so many people don't have a "Butter Effect". That's probably why we have so much crap going on in the world.
What gets you off the couch, out of the cage you call an office and enjoying "God's Playground" as a great friend of ours would call it...is it golf, biking, walks, fishing, hunting, grand kids messing up your house and eating all your cookies?


Teva sport sandals has a slogan to help sell sandals to people with a mind like Steph and mine...


GO. DO. BE.

No comments: