Monday, March 19, 2007

Bachelor Week Has Begun!

So I had a lapse of one week between posts...I think that is the longest I have gone without a blog fix...sorry to my readers, all 3 of you...Verlie, Uncle Skip and Roger.

It has been a crazy last 3 weeks...google my name and natural gas and you will understand what I have been up to.

Anyway, I put Steph and the boys on a plane last Friday...they headed to South Bend, Indiana or Ind-Montana as Maxim would say. So for about 10 days the lake house is the bachelor pad! My plans were to completely kick out a bunch of work on the kitchen and get things all wrapped before she got back.

All I had to do was ref my last hockey games of the year and get home and work. Unfortunately during my 2nd game I got caught up in a couple players checking each other and I got decked hard on my elbow.

Through my elbow pad my elbow cut open and from the X-rays it showed I chipped a couple of flakes off the bone. This is painful, and my arm is stiff, I got whiplash and my knee is sore.

So I laid around on Saturday...did a little work around the house on Sunday, and called my drywaller from Sioux Falls, who happened to be in the area. He's coming tonight to check out the project.

It should be taped and textured by the time Steph gets home.

I should have done this like 3 months ago...but I am stubborn.

So bachelor week started kind of rough and will end with a happy wife...I hope.

6 comments:

skip said...

about time steph got a vacation from all the excuses. now i can't do it because my elbow is sore. come on verlie what should we do to this old boy??

Anonymous said...

You two old men take it easy on the young lad. In his one-armed state he could still work circles around the "ol-timers".

I got your back Tom!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know what Skipper me ladd, I think you and I both could keep up with, NO, stay ahead of Thomas with one hand tied behind our backs. We have been there, done that, and can do it again if we have to. As I see it, all those excuses are just THAT, excuses. All I want to see is the finished project and see it "NOW", just like Steph would like. amen - done preaching.

Anonymous said...

"I should have done this like 3 months ago...but I am stubborn". Boy - - that sounds like your nationality is "Beadle County Irish"!

skip said...

wonder what the one armed boy got done last night?? probably nothing unless he had some help. i just love picking on this old boy. wish he would give us some answers. instead of just smiling when he reads this. who's this anonymous? verlie and me could put both you to shame

Anonymous said...

Skipper, I see that you are not even starting to rile this young man, sooooo I will come to your rescue. Skip, your Uncle Ernie spent a large share of his life working and living with one arm. This young "whipper-snapper", who by the way, is not even "dry behind the ears" yet, gets a teensy-weensy little scratch and he is ready for PERMANENT DISABILITY and MEDICARE! What is happening to this younger generation?