Friday, October 27, 2006

The House That Golf Built.

A buddy of mine that works for the SDSU athletic department LOVES golf, and yesterday he sent me PowerPoint called "The House That Golf Built". The pictures are of a stunning house overlooking the ocean somewhere. Everything is in order, and decorated to the hilt. Turns out on the last slide, it tells you that it is TIGER WOODS' house. (see www.thingsireadontheinternet.com to see if it is true) If it is Eldrich's house or not it is a complete JAW DROPPER, but there is one thing that I noticed...as full of "stuff" as it is...I thought it was empty.

There was no 3 day old sippie cups with sour milk hidden under the couch, no Rescue Heros all over the living room floor, the couches didn't look slept on, and there was no bouncer seat in the middle of the kitchen. So if that is the house that golf built, I would rather have the house that a family built. Don't get me wrong, I would take Tiger's house in a second, spill some milk, mess up the bed, throw a Malibu Wakesetter LSV on the boat lift and call it home. I think you get the picture.


We had a home this weekend, last night alone 15
people were at the house to visit with Steph's folks one last time before they left on Friday AM. I loved every hour of entertaining, and didn't want them to leave so soon...it was 10:30 pm.

This was a busy week, of work and fam. We "dedicated" Brecken at church on Sunday, which if you ask me is like saying, hey church family look at our kid. When in all reality I think it should be called a Parent Dedication...Steph and I saying to the church family, "Hey we are going to do the best we can with these boys, will you help?". Anyway it was nice and Steph's folks were there so that made it special.

It was just nice to see the boys with Steph's parents. It is rough for them to be so far away, in Indiana. It would be nice if they were far away in Colorado, Utah or Florida, but Indiana? You can only say WOW more Amish people, so many times. I can tell from Steph's mom's comments that they can't wait to get back to S.D.

Roger and DuckMan (Ohio Hunter) did a bunch of work, and they deserve the Living On Liquid good citizen of the month award! Which reminds me we will have to give our another one next month...Rog, you wanna come back? You can continue to be a part of the house that family built...kidding, thanks for the help.

No comments: