Wednesday, October 18, 2006

1 Bedroom?

Night 2 in the new house was great...I didn't wake up at all except when Brecken cried at 5:15 a.m. Maxim slept on the couch in our room. He isn't quite ready to sleep in his own room yet. I can't blame him. He has been sleeping all over grandma and grandpa's house for the last month...usually ending up in bed with Steph and I around 4:30 a.m. So new surroundings take a little bit to adjust to when you are 4. He said his bedroom is "nary, nary kinda scary", so we cut a deal and he slept on our couch.

Brecken is also sleeping in our room in a play pen thingy...seems my system for saving the special brass bolts from the crib during the move didn't fare to well. I have only found 2 of the 4 needed. I hope they turn up somewhere. I'm sure Babytown in SF would charge me $80 for 2 bolts and yell at me for bothering them on the way out of the store. I still don't like that place...a little customer service, please? On Monday morning I woke up to find Maxim AND Brecken in the middle of the bed with Steph and I. I told Steph last night that this was how the Ingalls must have stayed warm during the "Long Cold Winter"...everybody in 1 bed!

Speaking of hardware, I put the kitchen table together last night...somehow I lost 5 of the 10 needed screws to keep that thing together, too. Rev. Decker did you steal those? So I found 4 more that looked just like the others and we set the table up in Steph's "kitchen". (see pic) It worked out pretty good, but doing the dishes in the bathroom sink sucks...at least that's what Steph told me.

The living room is super cozy, and I have a hard time not crashing in front of the TV all night to watch 1 of our 4 channels. At least there is baseball on! Steph will continue to put up decor next week when her mom is there to help. I hope Clarice has her "tough boots" on as she is staying with us and she is at the cold end of the house, next to the future kitchen.

Finally, this is what we woke up to this morning. Now I understand the love my brother-in-law had of the "stark beauty" of the lake in wintertime.

No comments: