Thursday, October 20, 2011

No School Gets Boys Out Of Bed Earlier.

So Thursday was a no school day at our house and that means I can get up about 15 minutes later than I usually do, and Steph gets to not wake up with an alarm clock.

Out boys HATE getting out of bed for school, so one would think that if you hated getting up every morning for school on the day you don't have school you would sleep in and make the most of "sleepy time".

Around 6:30 a.m. I heard Maxim's "quiet" feet slamming through the house, and then Brecken's feet slowly followed...but Brecken was smart and he jumped into bed with me to watch a little TV.  Then around 7:15 a.m. Grandpa Roger knocked on the door to pick up Brecken to go to the farm for the day.

Brecken sprung out of bed like it was on fire...."Grandpa, I only got on a shirt and underpants!  I gotta get my jeans and boots on....just wait!!!!"  And like that....he was gone, only to slow down at the door to get his bag of snacks and books for a long day in a combine.

I am starting to think the time I spent on Wednesday night resetting my alarm from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. was a waste of time...next time I'll just hit snooze for 30 minutes, which is what I pretty much do anyway.

No comments: