Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brothers Praying For Each Other.

When our boys say their prayers, sometimes there is a bit of parent directive in the prayers...like, "Dear Jesus, please help me to get that big Star Wars Lego Space Ship that I want for my birthday."

That kind of thing is understandable, but the other day when they were saying their prayers they were a bit....vindictive.  Both boys prayed short and sweetly. 

Maxim said, "Dear Jesus, please help Brecken not to be naughty and to not be mean to me or bother me."

Brecken prayed, "Dear Jesus, please help Maxim not to be bossy and not to be mean and naughty."

Steph and I got a good laugh out of their prayers for each other so Monday after school I asked Maxim if God answered his prayers...he said, "God answered Brecken's prayers, I was really good, but God didn't answer my prayers...Brecken hit another boy today at school on the playground, AND I SAW IT!"

I think we may put an "only pray for your own behavior" caveat into night time prayers.

No comments: