Monday, October 24, 2011

I am a "Bone Collector"

I'm not a deer hunter...I have watched it on TV, but I don't hunt deer.
I would like to at some point in my life try to shoot a deer with a bow and maybe even get one with a rifle...but my dad never took me deer hunting so I really don't feel like I am missing anything when everyone goes out in November and freezes to death looking for a big buck.

Maybe that is why I don't understand when a guy has a pick-up with stickers all over the back window that say, "Bone Collector", Easton Hunting, Hoyt Bows, Rack Attack...etc.  I understand you like to hunt deer, but really...deer hunting, the way it is done around here, only takes one morning and for the most part the "hunters" don't leave the truck.

Well, last night I got my very first deer.  I AM A "BONE COLLECTOR"...it was a fat doe, and the bad news is...I hit it with Steph's Expedition, and the boat.  She asked how the boat was first!  I love her!

My cousin Eric and I winterized our boats at his shop most the the afternoon on Sunday and I was headed home with the boat in tow ready for the winter.  Then out of the ditch came one of the dumbest animals next to sheep.  A doe, in a full sprint.

God gave deer an incredible sense of smell, great hearing and pretty good eyesight, but I think he must have sub-contracted the work on their fight or flight senses.  Because their flight senses tend to run them into things that kill them.

The doe hit the front of the truck, whipped around and tagged the door for good luck, then on the way by the boat she left a couple of hoof prints in my Moomba logo and some fur on my trailer.

So, for the record, I saved about $300 by winterizing my boat myself, but it will cost me a $500 deductible to fix my wife's truck.

No comments: