Thursday, April 08, 2010

RIP Noah the Fish

My dad took off for a meeting in Pierre yesterday and I asked him if he was staying at the Ramkota, he wasn't sure...so I said, "you know the one with the monster fish from the Amazon".  That jogged his memory and he said that was the spot.

He got into Pierre late last night and then texted me this AM that Noah the monster Pacu fish was dead.

I was stunned.  With all my travels to Pierre over the years that fish had become a friend of mine, ok an acquaintance...OK, OK I looked at him at least once every trip, but he was the mascot of the Ram.

Here is the story from KSFY...
A 41-year-old fish that entertained visitors to a Pierre hotel for nearly a quarter century has died.
Ramkota General Manager Rick Murray says Noah died Wednesday. The Pacu fish was born in 1969 in South America and was brought to the hotel in 1987, a few months after it opened.
During his time, Noah outgrew four fish tanks.
Murray says the hotel might have Noah stuffed and mounted.

I think mounting Noah is a great idea, but you have to make sure he can sing "Wild Thing" or something like that.

Hotels don't do things like that anymore, now they brag about their cool 153' water slides,some are known for gigantic waffles at their continental breakfast and some are know for their awesome shower heads.  I prefer super old fish that seem too big for their tank.

My friend Pam told me of the funny thing that happened when the hotel announced that Noah was dead on their outdoor sign...it read...We will miss you...then below that their Lenten special notice of "Fish Fry on Friday!"  Epic.

No comments: