Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Big Birthdays and a tumble down the stairs.

I know I usually do something for birthdays around here and the 3 most important girls in my life are celebrating back to back to kind of back.

Steph turned 29 again last Saturday, and I had a bunch of surprises for her, I even bought her a dozen roses. Let's just say the price of roses has doubled since the last time I did that.

Grandma Penny is the Groundhog Day birthday and we kind of celebrated that on Sunday, and the boys sang to her on Tuesday morning.

Last but not least is Kolby. She is going to be 1 in a week. I can't wait to see her dive into her cake...because if it is anything like her fall down the stairs yesterday it will be epic.

Yeah, she took her first big tumble, but it was down the set of stairs in the house that are not tiled, so that was a good thing. The bad thing, they are the longest set of stairs in the house. If you have never seen your child fall down stairs it is very interesting, especially if you are chasing them.

I almost caught her at the top of the steps, but she went head over heels, then moved into a barrel roll for the rest of the way. I almost caught her at 2 points as I was running after her, but she was fast!

With the Winter X games still fresh in our minds and the Olympics coming up we named her fall The SLO-MO it consisted of a 1620 (body revolutions), a body varial to headstand to 10 minute cry session. I am buying her a helmet and some knee pads for her birthday.

No comments: