Monday, November 24, 2008

Snowboarding behind the Expedition

Last night after I got home from Montana the boys and I went right outside to play in the snow. A beautiful 4 to 6 inches of powder was all over the place and we were loving it.

Just as the sun went down, I remembered something that I had wanted to do last winter...snowboard behind a car using my wakeboard rope to pull me.

So I begged Steph and crazy enough she agreed. She brought out my snowboard, boots and I got the rope...the boys stood in the back of the Expedition with the back window up so they could yell at me, and Steph pulled me up and down the road in front of our house...IT WAS A BLAST.

I knew I couldn't have been the first person to think of doing this stunt, so I googled "snowboarding behind a car" today, and it turns out some folks call it "carboarding". I posted a video and this is exactly what we did last night except we weren't on the lake...that isn't frozen enough yet!

2 comments:

twipf said...

it doesn't surprise me that you'd attempt this. gives new meaning to "felt like hitting a cement floor" if you take a spill

Anonymous said...

That's nothing...we used to ride skateboards pulled behind bikes all over town 25 yrs. ago...did I say 25?

Brent