Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Toad Scares Man To Death...

The above headline almost made it into the local paper.

Last night, as I was walking from the lake up to the house, a frog or toad jumped on my foot, and scared me...almost to death.

I had flip-flops on and when it landed on my foot the first time I screamed and kicked my foot to get it off of my foot, but it must have got caught on my sandal strap and hung there for another kick. I was dancing around like a little school girl and kind of half screaming...then I lost my balance and almost fell down some steps.

When I finally regained my composure I did a quick look around to make sure the neighbors weren't out watching or there wasn't any boats going past the house. Nobody else was around, it was just me screaming, the toad jumping and God laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't Joe Heckberg

Anonymous said...

Well...I sure do hope you got some good video footage from our early morning ski yesterday cuz it sure does hurt today! My whole right side is sore. Definitely worth it though. Thanks for the fun!!