Friday, June 20, 2008

Coke + Peanuts = Pure Pleasure

I try very hard to eat healthy and limit my intake of junk, but I have a strong sweet tooth.

Yesterday a co-worker had a huge jar of Planter's Peanuts on her desk, and asked me to help her eat them. (Like you have to ask me to help eat things) I declined, trying do the right thing nutrition-wise. It worked, I went the whole day without eating any...but all day, all I could think about was getting a Coke and putting peanuts right in the glass.

Last night around 11:30 p.m. it even crossed my mind that if I would ride my bike to work again on Friday, I would reward myself with a Coke/peanuts cocktail. I rode my bike to work today.

The peanut jar is more than half full, and I am trying to come up with an excuse to have another Coke. (Thanks for giving me this addiction, Dad.)

You are thinking about going to get a Coke and peanuts right now, aren't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do a Dr Pepper and a "handful, BIG HANDFUL" of Planters Peanuts. They of course are the Diet, Calore FREE Peanuts. It HAS to be the "REAL DR PEPPER vs the Diet DP. I can still remember, after nearly 60 years, of going to the Bloomfield Store 2 miles away and having a bottle of RC or Pepsi, because they were the 12 ounce bottles instead of the tiny 6 oz coke bottles and putting a bag of Planters Peanuts into the bottle. The Peanuts were a nickle and the Pop might have been a dime. Oh what precious memmories Tom, Thanks!

Verlie