Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools...

I have to admit that I have some tricks up my sleeve for today. I really like April Fools Day, I think I got the love of practical joking from my Uncle Skip.

He was on us all the time with jokes and pranks, but I think I got him the best, and he has never quite topped the day I put his newer, sharp looking pick-up for sale.

When he lived in South Dakota he was a foreman at a plant and got a good parking spot right in the front of the building, so everyone walked by his truck in the morning. He had people coming up to him all day asking why he was selling his pick-up for such a low price. He'd ask them what they were talking about and tell them his truck wasn't for sale.

It was one of the best jokes I ever pulled on him and it only cost me $4 and a little lost sleep.

Skipper was good about it, and promised revenge...so I waited, and waited and waited. I was always on the lookout for his next prank, but it never came. Finally, I asked him if he was going to pull a revenge prank on me and his answer was, "I just did, you have been so nervous waiting for me to get back at you why did I need to!"

He did the same thing about 4 months ago...he was in town for something and came out to our house to eat...I was late getting ready and knew he would be there at any time so as I was in the shower, I was completely insane thinking every noise I heard was Skipper coming in with a bucket of cold water. He didn't do anything! Which was a better prank than if he would have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like i'll have to get back in the groove. things have been to quite. i have been thinking of doing something long distance but would have to clear it with steph. never think it's over old boy. i well never rest. i'll even sign my name to this one. skip

Anonymous said...

come on verlie help me out. together we can get the upper hand. i can't stand it thinking he is one up one on me