Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Robber and Steve Nash with a "ba-ba".

MAXIM THE ROBBER...

So the other night Maxim, Brecken and I were screwing around in our master bedroom and Breck found a nylon stocking...which as I write this I can't think of what would have prompted Steph to actually need to wear nylons...but whatever...it was lying on the floor so I put it on Maxim and about 10 minutes of insanity ensued. I have video that I should post of the 2 boys running around with a nylon stocking over their heads, but I am afraid Children's Social Services would be knocking at our door tonight...here is Maxim's best Nixon impression.

STEVE NASH WITH A "BA-BA"

When we were in Phoenix we watched a lot of Suns basketball and it dominated the local news because Shaq had just been traded there a week or so earlier.

We saw a lot of Steve Nash, and I have always liked him...kind of the same reason I always like Bird...hard working, not overly gifted sizewize, just plays his heart out every night, and he's got cool hair.
After years of not caring about the NBA, I have actually watched a few games this year, basically because it was the only sport in HD that was on TV.

I have to say I am looking forward to the NBA playoffs this year, I can actually tell you the last time that happened. It was the 1996 NBA Playoffs...the year the Bulls went 72-10...my roommate Rahn and I hated Michael Jordan and wanted nothing more than the Sonics to ruin their record year. Chicago won the series 4 games to 2, and Jordan was named Finals MVP. I still don't like him...Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, Hersey Hawkins, Sam Perkins, GARY PAYTON, and George Karl on the bench...ahhh those were the good ole days.

Anyway, I talked Steph into buying Brecken a Nash jersey...she was so against it, because she hates most jerseys, but she caved in. This morning she put the jersey on Breck and was bragging on how cute he looked.

So just in case, Steve Nash Googles himself today...I thought he might be proud to see some crazy-haired bottle sipping kid from South Dakota was rocking his jersey.

No comments: