Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another Birthday...

It just dawned on me on my drive to the office, that my dad's birthday...which is today...is only 2 days after his older brothers.

Beadle County January nights in the '40's must have been a bit romantic???

Happy Birthday to my Pa...he's a couple years younger than his brother today. For his birthday he is taking his chuckwagon, that he restored a few years ago, his .45 and quick draw holster and $150 in groceries and heading to Spirit of The West Festival in Sioux Falls for a couple days.

I don't understand why mom doesn't go with, she must not have any vacation left.

He sleeps on the ground or in the chuck wagon, cooks over an open fire, shoots in quick draw competitions and makes friends with other people that wish they would have been born 150 years earlier.

I wonder if people who actually lived in the Old West had Spirit of The Spartans Festivals or Roman Army reenactors?

Anyway, Happy Birthday Dad, and have fun traveling back in time this weekend, say hi to Marty McFly and Doc Brown for me if you run into them...does your chuck wagon go 88 MPH?.

I'll be taking out docks at the lake this weekend...I'm afraid summer is over.

No comments: