Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sand-Dead

What a week.

6.5 hours of conference calls, meetings, parties, work on the lake house, Brecken's 6 hour crying spree on Thursday...I only heard 10 minutes of the whole thing, but I almost started crying. We needed a weekend.

Friday we/the company/ threw a tailgate party prior to the football game in Freeman, good times, good people, great pork. On the way home, I had the guys drop me off in Mitchell to hook up with Steph, the boyz, and G-ma/G-pa at Menard's. I capped off their 3 hour shopping spree to the lumber yard with a Matchbox car for Maxim and a some gutter guard to "Keep the clutter out of your gutter!".

We are still getting used to having a bunch of trees on our property, the leaves falling in the yard today bothered me, I wanted to go out with the mower and pick them all up.

Today, Saturday, We rough-sanded the floor of the living room. I am glad I don't redo floors for a living, I would hire some 18 year old to do the work. We went over it 5 times with 60 grit paper. Steph hit the low spots and corners with the palm sander. Tomorrow we will go over it 2 more times, once with 80 grit and once with 100 grit and see where we are at. We should be stained and liquored, I mean laquered, by Wednesday.

G-pa Bob fought off sleep long enough this afternoon for some big projects...he de-shod his horses and de-carpet our stairs to the basement.

Carpet comes on Friday the 13th. Steph wants to make the official first night of sleep there on the 14th. We are so ready to call the lake "home."

Still haven't got the boat battery re-charged, I left the depth finder on and drained it. Last Saturday, Steph and I wanted to cap the day with a little wakeboard session, but no juice.

No comments: