Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I am a Mac and PC

First off, HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY TO THIS BLOG!  I can't believe it didn't die a few times already, but for some reason I keep coming back to it to write...hope you are still enjoying it.

There was a story on CNN the other day about how Microsoft as a company was the 4th most valuable company in the world, and how they tend to wait and see what Apple does and then copy it to some degree.  Which is true if you think along the lines of:

iPod = Zune
Wii = Kinnect
iPhone = Windows-based smartphones....etc.
 
There is something to be said for what Microsoft has done for the "real" work that computers do everyday...not the way I use a computer, editing photos and video, but word processing, spreadsheets, database work.  For those types of applications I am told there is no better platform than a PC, although Apples can run Microsoft application too.  So I guess I am a combination...I use Dell products to do some of my work and I use Apple products to do my more creative type work...and for all of my mobile work..iPhone/iPad.
 
So I pose the question, can I be a Mac and a PC???  Can I be a balding, tweed suit, nerd, and a v-neck tshirt, hoodie and skinny jeans slacker at the same time?  I think I am pulling it off...but lately I have been leaning towards my Apple side.  Is that the Dark Side or the Light Side of The Force?
 
 

No comments: