Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Go Nebraska.

I'm not a Nebraska football fan, never have been...I have a couple of Cornhusker t-shirts and hats, but it is all been gifted to me by people who bleed red, I bleed blue and yellow, but not this weekend.

You see I have never liked Penn State, and I always thought the way the school made its self so pious was annoying, and on top of that they used to win all the time.  I like the underdog story.  Always liked the Edmonton Oilers, even before Gretzky and after he left, I followed the North Stars, the Cubs, the Seattle Supersonics.  I never liked the mainstream athletes that people loved like Micheal Jordan.  I loved to see Jordan lose, and still really don't care for him.

So you ask what does this have to do with Nebraska Football?  Well, the Huskers play Penn State this weekend, and I would love nothing more than for the Cornhuskers to "pile on" to the shattering of the pride that the university has.  If you are still confused go to ESPN.com and read about the child sexual abuse case that is unfolding inside their athletic department and inside their own locker room.

Former coach Jerry Sandusky abused young boys who were a part of his charity program at Penn State, employees and fellow coaches actually witnessed "inappropriate acts" going on in the shower area of the locker room and reported to the higher ups, which never seemed to go to the police with the info, they handled it "internally" which means they failed these young men and every person who ever attended Penn State or gave to Penn State or wore a Penn State logo.

When did our society become so messed up that a college football program's success or failure and public image was more important than the well being of another human...especially a child.

With that said...for the weekend I say, "GO BIG RED".

AND CONGRATS TO THE JVC Vikings volleyball team, good luck at the state tournament.

No comments: