Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snuggle Time

Since Kolby is too young for most things that happen at church on Wednesdays I try to take her on a "daddy date" when I am available.  For the first time in a while we had "date night" last night.  Which just meant that she and I went home earlier than the rest of the fam.

We read 4 books, colored, played the drums, swung from the ring ropes in the basement and then wrestled.  She was tired and we went up to the couch to chill for a bit and then she fell asleep in my arms.  I have done this tv/couch/kid sleep time with my 2 smelly boys and it isn't a special than with your daughter.

Now to the funny part.  Sometime early in the morning Kolby woke up crying so Steph brought her into our bed...when I woke up at 6 AM there she was all cuddled up by my face.  Steph was already up working on LHP stuff so I turned on SportsCenter and held her tight.  In the process I fell back to sleep and when my alarm went off at 6:30 Kolby was still there with her face looking the other way and I snuggled back in for a little more snuggle time...then the dog that had taken Kolby's place in bed while I was sleeping licked me on the cheek.

Oh well, the dog needs a little love too.

No comments: